Hints and tips
Once your Designflooring floor has been installed your floor fitter can advise you how long to wait before walking on the new floor. To clean your floor for the first time:
• Remove all loose debris from the floor using a soft brush or dust mop.
• Ensure that all dry adhesive is removed from the surface. We recommend using Designflooring Remove with a non-abrasive scouring pad or the coarse pad from our Floor Care Kit.
• After a minimum of 24hrs your floor can be cleaned using a damp mop and a pH neutral cleaner such as Designflooring Clean.
To keep your Designflooring floor looking as beautiful as the day it was installed:
• Regularly clean your floor with a soft brush or damp mop to remove any dust and loose debris. If you wish to use a vacuum cleaner we recommend checking with the manufacturer to make sure it's suitable for use on a Designflooring floor.
• Mop up spills as soon as possible to reduce the risk of staining.
• Spot clean any stubborn stains with undiluted Designflooring Clean or Designflooring Remove.
• Avoid cleaning products that contain bleach or other household chemicals as they could damage the floor.
• Use non-rubber backed entrance mats, to protect against grit and moisture (avoid rubber backed mats as these may cause discoloration of the floor).
• To protect your floor from scratching use floor protector pads on furniture such as chairs and avoid sliding or dragging objects across the floor.
• For heavy furniture that may require moving we recommend using load bearing castors.
For further tips and advice on looking after your Designflooring floor please read our frequently asked questions or download our Floor Care Guide.